Monday, September 22, 2008

I'm sorry to do this, but I'm irate!

Let me just give you a little insight to the messed up workings of the COE Family:

As you may know Brody received a car from my parents for his 16th bday, which was the sweetest, nicest thing ever!
With that said today I received a call from my dear father who wanted the car back because Josh needs it because he can't afford gas in his truck and can't afford gas in his Hummer either. Now normally I really wouldn't mind but Josh has a $800,000 house he is living in that J & M built, plus he has a brand new Hummer that J & M bought, plus a work truck that J & M bought also. And the guy always claims poverty and on top of that his wife could get a job if they're soooo poor-or maybe get rid of the house and cars they can't afford! ( I did suggest a trade-the Hummer for the Stealth, because I CAN afford the gas. But in the words of old Mike "what would Sara drive?")
Now I do love my brother/brothers so I don't believe this is entirely there fault that they have all been babied there entire lives-but maybe if I, a single mother of two-that rarely asks for any help and rarely gets child support, can pay for everything (including gas) herself, then other two parent households should be able to handle it without taking a 16yr olds new car!
So the lesson we should all learn from this is: if you don't have any money then get a job. If you can't afford the material things you have-sell and downsize. and as parents it is good to help your kids and bail them out occationally-however you don't do it so often that they can't take care of themselves!!!!!

2 comments:

Di said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
petry's said...

I think about life, and I think about things that have hurt me so much in the past by our family and then I think in the end of Christ who is willing to forgive me for everything, everything ... Love is unconditional and although we all know what makes us angry and hurts us, sometimes we keep things to ourselves , and choose our battles.. I am not saying this about you I am saying this about myself.. I feel your anger, I have been on the end of what i feel is wrong doing, but you can't fight city hall and some things never change.... Uncel Mike left his truck at our house it's all Brody's!! I love you Angie and I love that you are never sugar coated "bull shit" (sorry if that's offensive) but it's true.