Monday, November 30, 2009

Thai Soup


As most of you know, I am far from Betty Crocker. I really don't cook-I can cook but I just prefer not to. But I'd like to say that when I do cook something...it's spectacular! Bret went to Thailand on his mission so I have been getting really good at cooking thai food, it's super easy and cheap and very healthy. You should try it, here is a recipe for Tom Yum Gai (sweet/sour/spicy soup) and this metal container with this Bamboo thing is for sticky rice. All this was like $20.00 and you should be able to get this at any thai store. There is a good one in the shopping center at 6200 S. and just west of Bangeter Hwy.
Tom Yum Gai
4 c chicken cooked
3 c chicken broth
3.5 oz straw mushrooms
6 cherry tomatoes in halves
1 fresh lemon grass
2-3 kaffir lime leaves
3 Tbsp thai fish sauce
4 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp sugar
5-6 Hot Thai chilies(these are super hot)
Bring to a boil for 7 min

1 comment:

The Redhead said...

As if it isn't funny enough that you are posting recipes like some crazy, mormon, stay-at-home, wife...it is even funnier that you are taking pictures of a rice cooker, where to buy it, and the finished product!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to the Angie I know and love. Maybe I'll take a picture of my signature dish after I've cooked it for 3 minutes and 15 seconds in the microwave: Lean Cuisine BBQ chicken pizza. Under 300 calories and no prep work. Delish, cheap and very healthy.